Sunday, December 14, 2008

Best Perfect Pitch Course - How to Choose the Right One

With the proliferation of courses claiming to teach musicians perfect pitch, it's important to use a bit of caution when choosing where to spend your money. What are some of the things that ordinary musicians like ourselves need to pay attention to when choosing the best perfect pitch course for us?

#1) Does the course focus on Absolute Pitch, Relative Pitch, or both? - There are many courses out there that claim to teach the student perfect pitch, when really they are just learning how to employ relative pitch. Relative pitch is the ability to discern notes when given another note as a reference, say hearing a G played right after middle C. This is a much different ability than perfect pitch, and actually, most musicians already possess some level of relative pitch. When searching for a course, make sure you're getting what you paid for. A course that teaches both relative and perfect pitch is, of course, the best of both worlds.

#2) Does the course make extensive use of listening drills? - This may seem an obvious point, but you'd be surprised to realize how many courses rely more on the written material than its audio portion. The point has been made before that learning perfect pitch is much like learning a new language, and we know how important it is to be exposed to the sound of the new language all throughout the learning process. Make sure your perfect pitch course follows this principle and doesn't skimp on the audio portion of the course. Also make sure the course doesn't take up the audio (or video) parts with excessive demonstration of the skills of the creator of the course (a common situation!).

#3) MOST IMPORTANT: Choose the Right Learning Method FOR YOU! - When I began my search for perfect pitch, I tried several different courses and programs. All programs are somewhat helpful, but it's important to choose one that really works for you personally. After I committed myself to the task of learning perfect pitch, I chose a program that fit within my budget and my schedule.

This program worked like a charm, and now I'm enjoying playing music more than ever before. You owe it to yourself to check out my article describing the program that taught me how to learn perfect pitch.

As a professional musician for 15 years, I've realized how much more fulfilling music can be when you have perfect pitch. Now I can sit in on a session, and without question know exactly what key the song is in, and what the chord structure is. It's drastically improved my singing ability, and it's shifted my song writing into overdrive. Check out my review of the best perfect pitch course now!

It's my greatest hope that you too can come to acquire perfect pitch. Your music will thank you! Good luck to all my musician friends out there!

Muzyka Relaksujca

No comments: